Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I've missed you!

Hi blog land!
It has been a while! So many things have happened that are keeping me too busy, but I will catch you up.. mostly because it's pretty exciting.
First, my man and I took a trip to Idaho to spend Christmas with my family. SO.MUCH.FUN! I love my family to pieces. Here is a picture of me and my sister for our date night.

OKAY, Second, we flew back on NYE, got home to find that a pipe had burst and flooded the whole first floor... of our new house! Not a way to come back from vacation. Luckily, within hours, our carpet was gone, and the insurance adjuster said it is covered, and I get new floors (YAY.. No more teal carpet) and possibly new cabinets and countertops. Oh... and new insulation in our crawl space. So without even unpacking our bags, we grabbed them and headed to my man's parents house. Not the way I wanted to spend NYE...

New Years Day... I was sitting on the couch flipping through cabinet designs, when my man approached me and told me he was sad that 2012 ended on such a bad note, but that 2013 should start off on a great note.. and PROPOSED!!! I'M ENGAGED!!!

Holy mixed emotions batman... but, because it's me, I thrive on coordination and excitement, so I am happy as a clam. BTW.. Where do these sayings come from? Why is a clam happy?
Is it weird that I have only been engaged for a week and I pretty much have the wedding planned out? I even had to start from scratch. We were going to get married on a cruise ship.. that's how we met, but our families really want certain people to go, so we decided to stick with land and head to Las Vegas. It will be classy and super fun!
Andddddd we also got an addition to the family.. This is Macy! She warms my heart.

I told you I had a lot to share. Lots going on, but all in all..happy.. and on a weight loss note.. I didn't once get on the scale while on vacation, and I didn't make the best choices, but I did watch portion sizes. I was happy to find that when I got on the scale this morning, I was only .2lbs up. I know it is up, and not a loss, but trust me.. I am soooooo happy with that. I have never been able to not gain at least 5 lbs when home for Christmas.

I am back on blog land, back on the bandwagon, and can't wait to catch up on all your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment