Thursday, December 13, 2012

Trucking right along

Good morning Blog World.

Things are going busy on my end. I have noticed that many blogs are getting less each day, probably like me..very busy during this time of year.
I have taken some good ideas from some people I have reached out to in my journey, and I feel like it is really helping. Hollee gave the great lunch idea of cottage cheese with meat sauce. LOVE IT! It keeps me satisfied, while keeping the calories low, but protein high. I too like to have mostly the same thing every day. I prepared everything last weekend,so it's easy in the morning to scoop a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with 1/2 cup turkey meat sauce, sprinkle with parmesan, and head out the door lunch in hand. For breakfast, I have 2 eggs at 7:30am and that keeps me satisfied till about 11:30am. I usually have a morning coffee with a dash of vanilla soy milk around 10am.
I also reached out to one of my mom's friends that had lapband in 2007. She lost 80lbs in 9 months. I asked her what she did to keep from getting stuck. She said she gets back on the original diet, walks, and (the most important to me) keeps her band a little tight. She says she always does better like that.
I feel like I am a tad loose. So close to that perfect spot, but I feel bad going to the doctor just 3 weeks from my last appointment for yet another fill without much weight loss to show for it... however... isn't that why we get fills?

Is it okay to get fills so close together?

On a side note, last week when I was feeling crappy about my weight loss, I talked to my boss at Curves. Even though I am a coach for any and all programs Curves offers, and I rock at helping others break their plateaus and mental blocks, I suck at doing it to myself. My boss called the club when I was working, and she said I was on her mind about my weight loss. I tell her everything, so she know how upset I was. She asked why I self sabotage myself (which I fully admit I do) and I said I didn't know.. then she said she thinks I am so afraid of failing, because I had failed at so many other diets and programs, that my mind blocks me from thinking I can succeed.
Ha... I was like.. um... who do you think you are? Bob from the Biggest Loser? But she must have hit the nail on the head, because for no apparent reason, I started tearing up. I am used to failing at weight loss. I have failed for 20 years.

Not this time! I refuse! I'm gunna keep trucking right along, enjoy the journey, and keep going.

Good news is, now that I buy and cook all kinds of healthy meals, my man has also lost about 10 lbs. He doesn't really need to lose weight, but he is noticing he feels much better. Me too.

1 comment:

  1. Love how our good choices help our family!!!
    You can succeed (and have!) at weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete