Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cruise Ships back in town

I hate winters.. but I absolutely LOVE the summers here when the cruise ships start showing up. Downtown comes to life and the streets are crowded with tourists. It makes me so happy. Finally we have a break in the cold and rain, so I am rarin' to get outside. I am back on track with my C25K, but I restarted week 4 since I had a couple weeks off for travel. Dock walks at lunch, and softball or fishing at night! Pretty sure it will be a piece of cake to get in my 10,000 steps.
Speaking of cake... someone at work brought in a super chocolate decadent cake, and my desk is in the middle of our office, so all the junk gets placed right by me all the time. It looks good, and I am sure it tastes good, but enough with the sweets. I don't have the best will power, and so far, my band lets me eat what I want, so it's up to me.

I have been trying to find foods that are good for me, but also that I enjoy, and I came across the Mediterranean Diet. Has anyone heard or tried it?
The food looks like something I would like to eat on a regular basis. I might just give it a try. I need to do something to get my head in the game again.

Happy Hump Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog : ) I hate work parties and treats, they're horrible. And I know just what you mean about the will power : ( How long ago were you banded?

    ReplyDelete