Friday, December 20, 2013

First Un-Fill and Weigh In.

This morning's weight was 233.
I didn't post my weight last week, but 2 weeks ago I was 231. Not a bad gain, but I had seen 237 within the last week.

In case you have never had your band too tight, this is what is was like (for me).

I was throwing up after almost every meal.
I was afraid to eat solids, so I would go for liquids (not satisfying, and usually higher in calories).
Choking on said liquids was common... then the slime would come.
Waking up in the middle of the night, trying to catch your breath because the slime had trickled into the lungs.
And somehow, I gained weight through all of this.

At first I thought, this will pass.. the band will loosen up. It's better to be too tight then too loose right? WRONG!

I kept thinking this will pass.. but it wasn't. I needed an un-fill.
Funny, the things that pop in your head when considering calling your surgeon to do an un-fill - I'm a failure, I'm going to gain weight (wait.. I already did with it tight), I damaged my pouch...

Then, Lap Band Gal posts this. I don't listen to podcasts. I do now. THANK YOU LBG.

It was full of great info on how the band should work, how it does work, and how we need to think about the band, and the "restriction" level.

So, I had an un-fill yesterday. My surgeon took out .5cc. My 10cc band now has 6.75cc's. She is thinking my band is probably happiest here. I know one thing is for sure. I am happier here.
I am on fluids right now, but no more slime! No more choking! No more PB!

Onwards.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you found that podcast useful! :) Those podcasts are an awesome resource for us!

    ReplyDelete