Thursday, October 4, 2012

Behind the times, but lots to tell.

Hi all!!
Every time I sit down to write, I get interrupted for one reason or another.. and I don't even have kids... What is up with that??

My trip to Ohio was amazing. It was so beautiful, and the wedding was perfect. I was the photographer, and I was very thankful that the weather was perfect. The background showed blue skies, but a nice cloud came to cover the harsh sun. Perfect coloring :)
I did pretty good with my food choices, but I did indulge in some vino.

To my surprise, I maintained my losses. It is a known fact that when I travel, especially out of Juneau to the land we call "down south" where there are a plethora of choices of food joints, that I overindulge in the not so good for you foods. This time I only had Wendy's once in the airport. I was so missing their spicy chicken sandwich with a small chocolate frosty. Boo for bad choice.

I had my first fill yesterday. That was a crazy cool experience. Since it was my first fill, I had to do it at the hospital due to the fact that I have too much belly flab... by words of the doctor.. she didn't want to poke around, she wanted to hit it right the first time.
I laid down on the table and watched the screen as she was pushing the needle through my belly to the port, pulled out the saline that was in the band already, and filled it back up and added 2 more cc's. Then the table sat me up, and I swallowed the fruity flavored barium and watched as it slinked it's way through my band. VERY COOL. The doctor said my port, pouch, and stomach was perfect, and I had no trouble getting the liquid down, so I am now at 6cc's in my 10cc band.

I am on liquids again, which isn't so bad. It helps me re-focus. I can feel the restriction already, so that makes me happy! Can't wait to see the scale move again.

Our housewarming party is on Saturday, so I have been busy baking lots of fall goodies and treats, so in ode to my liquid phase right now, I made a delicious pumpkin protein shake. It's simple.. just take 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1 tsp each of nutmeg and cinnamon, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, and 8oz water(I use muscle milk that can be mixed with water, you might have to use milk if you want). Mix and Enjoy. Yummy

2 comments:

  1. land "down south" haha. Yes... us southerners with our evils temptations and wicked food. Good job on maintaining your loss and keeping the treats to a minimum. All about moderation. :)

    Congrats on the first fill. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on traveling and not gaining!! Great job on making good food choices! Even the Wendy's :)

    ReplyDelete